Monday, September 18, 2006

Talk Like a Pirate Day!!

September the 19th is just minutes away! If our grandson should happen to be born on the 19th, we would have another reason to celebrate on that day each year - he would be born on "Talk Like a Pirate Day"!! I have been talking about having a party on "Talk Like a Pirate Day" all year long and wouldn't it be just grand if we got to have a "pirate" birthday party every year? If he comes on that day, Mickey and I are going to wear eye patches and bandannas to the birthing!! We are thinking about bringing him a little patch, too. HA! So, the low down, maties, is that the little high seas ruffian hasn't kicked his way into the cruel world to receive his booty yet - so, shiver me timbers - if he does, we'll send ye all a note in a bottle!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARRR, I knew we had a few wee things in common! All morning my co-workers and I have been greeting each other in pirate slang. I'm eagerly awaiting news on the mini-pirate. Hope the birth is as quick and painless as possible for everyone involved. Love you guys, praying for you.
Bethany

ruth said...

betty gail,
i knew you must be in lowell since you dropped off of my myspace planet! can't wait to hear about your new grandchild!!