Friday, June 05, 2009

"Free as a Bird!"

Today was Mickey's last day in the secular world - working that is. His company no longer has the need for his services and in a world gone mad and an economy that is stinky - there was not much he could have done about that. Here we are at 52 years of age, having been married for very close - in one week and a half - to 31 years, and facing a new horizon. It is exciting and amazing, if I can just remember to breathe! It is very strange to have no real plan. A few weeks ago I was reading in the Perspectives Reader and there was an article that helped me form a clear understanding of where God wants us to be. The article said that in general, we all would like to have a map, while on the journey, but God provides us with a compass. The compass is His Word. I would like to add that not only do we have a compass, we have a personal Guide - the Holy Spirit, who was present at the creation of the Universe! He knows all! The article reminded the reader that a map can only take you as far as another has gone, with a compass you can go outside the boundaries of a map into uncharted territory. So...that is where we are - in uncharted territory! The page is blank. I can't wait to see how God shows up and where He is going to guide us. Two things...a couple of years ago, I believe he alerted my heart to "expect big things" and I have been praying for a power encounter that I can be a part of - to see Him show up in an unusual way and be aware that it is only the work of His hands. My heart is becoming more and more tendered toward the lost...I weep for them. I pray for divine appointments. God has now freed up my partner to live life dangerously for Him, so here we go!!

No comments: