Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wedding number 2

We attended the wedding of our niece, Jennifer, last weekend. I helped Brenda a little on Friday with last minute preparations. Coletta, Mickey's sister and Kelly and Aaron arrived on Friday evening and it was fun spending time with them. Kelly had been to the doctor for her "find-out-what-the-baby-is" ultra sound. Bless the little dickens heart, already the baby is turning to Jesus - I can't say "he" or "she" because the baby was in praying position!! Baby Parks had the knees completely together and was modestly not going to change positions for anyone! They will try again in four weeks, but I am not getting my hopes up! (I still think it is a boy!)

Any way, Jennifer's and Kyle's wedding was very beautiful and I think just what the mothers and the couple wanted - the only people that matter, you know. Jenn had a gorgeous form fitted strapless gown with a chapel length train (I think). Her veil was fingertip length (I think). She was beautiful! There was a LOT of pink at the wedding - hot pink. The groomsmen wore black tuxes with hot pink accessories (OH, yes, they did!) There were pink flowers, pink bridesmaid dresses, pink bows, and even a pink light in the baptistery! It was lovely - and pink. By the way, Sarah was in the wedding and looked beautiful, too - in her pink dress!

The reception was at the church with cake, punch and a fruit table with a white chocolate fountain. Now the great thing was, the wedding began at 2:00 pm at Muldrow, Oklahoma and their honeymoon flight left Fort Smith, Arkansas at 4:50 pm. The wedding was about 35 minutes long and the reception was a quick eating of the cake and drinking the punch and a few "glad you cames" ending with a changed bride and groom running to the car under a rain shower of white bird seed (cup fulls, thank you). We don't know yet if they made it or not, but I must say, they were certainly brave for trying. All in all, it was good food, good family, and good fun and now they are Mr. and Mrs. Kyle Price.

Quick as a wink the family and friends cleaned up the reception hall and the sanctuary for the next morning. We could have almost made the 4:50 flight!! I am going to try to post a couple of pics, but don't cry if it doesn't work! Mickey and I headed toward Chicago - I will blog more about it separately - check it out!

No comments: