Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Band of Brothers

This blog post is dedicated to two little boys who first stole my heart.  Asher was born with Ben following 15 months behind.  What joy and delight they bring to me.  They are 6 and 5 years old respectively. 



I love these pictures...they tell a story that words could never convey.  These boys are best friends, worst enemies, playmates, comrades and nemesis superheros to one another.  In short, brothers and siblings.  They can hurt each other more than any one in the world and they can love each other more than any one else ever can or ever will.  They share the closest DNA possible and yet could not be more different.  Oh, how blessed I am that God gave me these amazing little men as grandboys!



This is Ben (or Beni, as we call him), Even in his mother's womb he was in constant motion!  He has always been cuddly and has a killer smile and winning ways.  He is funny and so much fun.  He is cooperative most of the time and often will say, "Sure", when you ask him to do something.  He is "wittle" (as he used to say) in stature but is fast and athletic.  I suspect he will be a heart-breaker for the girls and every one's friend.


Asher is 6.  He is in Kindergarten.  His birthday was 20 days too late to start last year so he turned 6 within 20 days of starting Kindergarten - I'm sure the oldest child in his class.  His teacher says he is either going to be a politician or a preacher.  He apparently tries very hard to persuade others of his opinion.  Asher is very sweet.  He will come and sit very close when I am there and always wants to know how long I can stay...and tries to persuade me for longer!  Even at this early age, he has a hot justice button!  (He comes by this honestly!)  He reasons things out - he takes nothing at face value.  Maybe he will be a politician or preacher - I'm hoping for the latter.

And then there were THREE! Caleb was born in January 2013!  Asher and Ben have been foster big brothers for the last 2 years - they are so happy they get to keep this one!  More about him - next post!

No comments: